How To Remain Unfazed by Google’s Latest Cookie Removal Delay
Google has delayed its implementation to block third-party cookies in Chrome yet again and has now targeted 2024 to begin the phase-out. While this creates breathing room for buyers, it does not mean you should take your foot off the gas in aligning your ad buying strategies to a post-cookie world. Wouldn’t it be nice to gain back some control over this narrative after all?
Using bid stream identifiers and additional Google APIs, like Fledge, Topics, or any future yet-to-be-developed programs will be critical to any successful ad buying strategy if/when the cookie eventually crumbles. However, it will be equally impactful to have contextual targeting solutions entirely independent of cookies. This strategic direction has the potential to take center stage in your ad buying strategies to drive even better performance outcomes.
Why should you consider Contextual Advertising a vital component of your overall strategy?
- A contextual ad connects more emotionally and serves at a more appropriate time when the end user is thinking about a specific thing, product, destination, etc.—leading to more impactful and measurable, on-page activity from your target audience.
- It is more reliable than behavioral tactics because it relies on zero personally identifiable information.
- Contextual advertising is also more affordable to implement because it does not rely on technology to source/collect data from users and requires much fewer operational resources to manage/ run campaigns.
- It doesn’t violate any policies set by government agencies or influential platforms like Google or Apple. An elevated strategy in context future-proofs your organization against any new regulation introduced around user targeting/privacy (and we know there will be more).
- This strategy effectively ensures your ads are aligned with appropriate content, promoting better brand suitability and brand recall with potential customers.
It starts by choosing partners who can understand your needs and elevate your game when creating contextual strategies.
Contact GP Inc. to learn more about how we work with clients to help them achieve their goals through better contextual ads!